Springmingle 09

It's almost time for Springmingle 09. I missed last year's conference but am looking forward to attending at the end of the month. To that end, I'm buffing up three young adult novels. The editors holding the workshops will concentrate on voice and muse. They're also looking for good YA novels.
Which shall I bring? The decision took a lot of time. Only two editors to pitch to and I have three that are good. Strike that. They're great. IMHO. So, I'm going through them with a fine tooth comb and a very red pen. The characters are tighter and leaner. The action pitched until the reader feels every emotion. Lisa, Bec, and Julie are so ready to make themselves into something each editor will feel is the next great young adult book.
I hope.
Like my characters, I suffer from nerves. Freak attacks. And mostly the wonder. When will I sell my first book.

Comments

Donna Alice said…
You'll get there!!! I'm so glad you get to go to Springmingle- although sad you'll be there without me. Let's hope that you find a super publisher who will want your manuscript ASAP!!!