A new tale demanding I tell it

Okay, I've played with ghost stories before but always for children. Never once have I contemplated a paranormal romance story but...well...maybe now is the time. Paranormal romance often evokes of a ghost in love with a living human. Or maybe vamps doing their thing. Okay, I'm so over the vamp thing. There are too many vampire stories out there right now to even consider it. As for ghosts falling in love? Bleh! Not happening from the twist queen.

What am I working on? Well, this young woman, about 25, returns to her hometown. They hate her. Hate her with a purple-eyed passion. Seems she failed them seven years earlier when she couldn't identify a serial killer called The Wraith. Nope, he's not a ghost. Very human. Very nasty. So rank he'll kill a skunk in full bloom. She suspects who it is. There are forty...oops, forgot now forty-one victims of this murderer but the cops have only found five.

Really creepy part? The early twist? All these women could be my main character's twin. And they're all pestering her to tell the cops who killed them, but none of them will say his name. See, it seems they believe he'll add more to their ranks if they do. I haven't explained why these ancillary characters, most of whom will never have names, think that but I'll sure figure it out before the end. For now, I have another Southern fried romance going. This one is a paranormal with suspense elements. Dig in!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Interesting early twist, Kathi. I'd like to see how you work that one out! I sense you'll fly through this one! -Theresa-
Donna Alice said…
Wow! Sounds really spooky and creepy. Hope I get to do crits on this one!