Another contest, another chance to put my work forward

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a writing contest junkie. Tell me about one, and if I have a manuscript applicable to the guidelines, I'll enter. That is if the fee isn't too outrageous or it's free. And this one is free. It's for young adult and middle grade stories, completed of course. Is there any other way to submit to a contest? My biggest worry is someone will call about a chapter I post to a contest and it's not finished, if I ever take that chance.

So, where is this contest you ask? Follow this link: http://www.guidetoliteraryagents.com/blog/Dear+Lucky+Agent+Contest+Middle+Grade+And+Young+Adult.aspx
 and then read the rules well. You need a logline and the first 150 to 200 words. Then you have to either post twice on social media or post once and link to your blog. Okay, one requirement done here. Will post on FB later, and invite all my writer friends to submit.

What am I subbing? Well, during the 2008 NaNo writing experience, that is a month of pounding out a minimum of 50,000 words with more than a million other writers around the world, I managed to put out one of the most intense stories I had ever tried to that point. The entire 92,000 word novel (then) took me eight days of intense work, ignoring a house slowly succumbing to a Jurrasic era dust bunny, a child wanting me to listen to him practice his sax for the upcoming Christmas concert, Christmas shopping, even my loving hubbby to the point where he said goodbye as he was leaving for work and I was plotting out the high point. To say I put a hole in the ceiling, gave him a minor heart attack, and scared the life out of both of us screaming is an understatement. Since then, I've changed the story from third person past tense to first person present tense. It's even more intense and I'm hoping for a win in this contest, for a chance to have a professional critique done of my first 25 pages, to see if I'm on the right track.

So, like the title of this story, I'll Take A Chance.

Comments