Musing on weather and more

My goodness. Power off from 12:30 last night until about 6:30 this morning. That was the result of a very violent thunderstorm which also included hail. Such a storm immediately brought the thought about how the Lord is telling us what he thinks about the Tonya Craft case. And I don't think he's very happy at the moment.

We have a good woman, a fantastic teacher, a Sunday School teacher, a woman who has taught for a good many years. Her extremely public trial has not brought any other allegations of abuse by an other supposed victims. Gee? One has to wonder about this. No one else ever victimized in more than 25 years of teaching. How strange is that. All the experts agree on one thing, an abuser is rarely caught the first time they abuse a child. Yet this one kept it up until three children, one of them an actress, reported her awful behavior.

Well, let's look at the facts a bit more.

One witness, described as describing the acts in a clear, confident voice during questioning by the prosecution, an actress. A second child, described as her mother being told Ms. Craft did not consider her mature enough for 1st grade. And a third child giving testimony in such a way Ms. Craft broke down and cried. But those tears were for the child using her first name rather than her title, Mom. How awful. This poor child has to testify against her mom, and what's worse, that's after she tells a supposedly trusted therapist that her daddy said her mommy did and so she must have.

Sad. Pathetic. Enough to bring tears to anyone's eyes. Yet the uncaring prosecution attempts to say Ms. Craft is not acting like an adult by failing to control her emotions.

Which brings me to my next point. Controlling emotions. Seems to me, from the descriptions of the trial, the parents of these alleged victims are controlling their emotions rather well. During one pre-trial hearing, one parent controlled their emotions about the supposed abuse so well, they laughed hysterically as Ms. Craft came into the courtroom wearing jailhouse orange and chains. Okay, little history here. I, too have a child who accused a trusted adult of having sexually molesting her. I have been in a courtroom with that person dressed in jail clothing. And my only emotions were relief my child would never have to worry about their abuser again. One other, sadness my child experienced this awful crime. Oh yeah. One other emotion. The deep, abiding knowledge that if I ever ran into that woman again, I would beat her into a bloody pulp.

Political correctness aside, those were my gut reactions. No one could have stopped me. Laughing hysterically? Who are they kidding? It was at that point, reading about it in the news, when I decided Tonya Craft never molested those children. But I waited to make my voice heard until I read William L. Anderson's blogs because I live in Walker County, Georgia. My home is in the same judicial district as Ms. Craft. And, to my everlasting shame, I, too, afraid of those men persecuting...excuse me...prosecuting her. All of them are well known for their shenanigans in this area and none are the least bit sorry for the lives they have destroyed.

Tomorrow starts week 3 of the trial. Most of week 2 was prosecuterial overkill, better known as trash the defendant. I suppose we must listen to more of this drivel from witnesses that 'suddenly remembered vital information' when testifying for the prosecutor or 'don't know' when answering defense questions. Again. Sad. This is just so blatant, as if these men have no fear of reprisal.

And while they are destroying a good woman, I shall immerse myself in research for my latest teen social issue book. For this trial is far too full of what is wrong with our system to let lie. Consequences for those involved in the persecution...excuse me...prosecution of Tonya Craft are nowhere as bad as what they have already put her through and plan for her future. But maybe, somehow, somewhere, a fiction book most will say can never happen in real life will get people's attention.

Comments

Thanks for the kind words regarding my blog. Remember, I lived in Walker County for many years (actually 20), and I have family there. And I taught in the Walker County school system for a couple of years.

So, when I am writing, I write with some knowledge of the homeplace. Unfortunately, the Lookout Mountain Judicial District seems to have been taken over by the SS.
KC Sprayberry said…
I have enjoyed Walker County, until the scandalous, one sided trials started a couple of years back. Now, I'm not sure sure but am stuck for the time being. However, with all the interest in this case, I feel a good outcome will appear, if not with this jury then in the appeals courts. One can only hope.
Donna Alice said…
Sure hope she gets off - seems to me from what I'm reading here in Ohio that she is being railroaded.
KC Sprayberry said…
And you only know what I wrote. All the facts would make your hair fall out. This is about small towns and people afforded special privileges because they have no controls and idiocy. Too bad it's going to be played for a national audience, and reinforce the idiot Southerner attitude.