Fade to Silver

 
 
Title: Fade To Silver Character Interview
Today, Out of Control Characters brings you Catherine Converse. She's talking about her series The In Between, and specifically, the second book, Fade to Silver. This is a delightful fantasy series for young adults.
1.      Talk to us about Fade To Silver
Fade To Silver is the sequel to The In Between, in what will be a four book series (The In Between Series). The overall, big picture premise of the series is that two girls (Adie and Dannika) that are completely opposite both have a psychic ability to dream about future murder. They are asked to join a covert intelligence agencies that uses the dreams to stop murder, and the agency headquarters are located deep in the earth to keep the ‘Visionaries’ safe. In the first book, the two girls are trying to navigate their own abilities as well as a relationship with one another, and the young men they are falling for. In book two, Dannika goes for a really wild ride, and goes missing, and Adie needs to find her before a huge corporate conspiracy goes incredibly sideways.
 


2. Author Bio

Catherine Converse lives with her husband and four children in beautiful Montana.

If not writing, or researching, she would really like to be outside with her family, preferably snowboarding in winter, and playing with their horses in summer.

Grateful for such a blessed life and the ability to do the kind of work she loves, she just hopes to bring stories of all kinds to life, and enjoyment to those who read them.


3. Website/Blog/Twitter links

           Catherine Converse official Website: http://catherineconversebooks.com/
For updates on current books and new releases, follow Catherine on Facebook at http://facebook.com/catherineconversebooks.
 
Twitter: @catconverse
      Fade to Silver on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16124294-fade-to-silver
     
          
We're going to talk to Adie now, the main character in this very interesting series.
 
 
1.      Introduce yourself to our readers. Where do you fit into the story? What should we know about you?
My name is Adie Brighton. I guess you could say I was a pretty regular old teenage girl until one day when I had one of my crazy dreams, right in the middle of class. That day spiraled into something I never could have imagined, taking me into an unknown world, parallel with the one everyone lives in, yet invisible to them in their everyday lives. Yeah, being a Visionary is pretty awesome, once you get used to the idea. Living and working with the agency is, in a really strange way, a dream come true. I just didn’t know that when this all started. But using those nightmares to do something good in this world, it just feels right. I mean, yeah, I miss some things about my old life, but I think this life chooses you. And once you know you have a certain kind of power, how do you deny that you’re meant to be using it? It all happened really fast, and then there was Dannika, who became my partner, another whole challenge in itself, but now I can’t imagine life without her. And of course, there’s Jeff. I didn’t date much in high school, so, um, I guess you could say he really threw me for a loop.
2.      What do you think about the author? Tell us everything. We want to know.
She’s pretty nice to work with. She can be kind of overboard, though. She mothers us too much. I mean, I know she has four kids, so that probably just comes natural or something, but I wish she would just stop worry about us so much. Her life seems pretty hectic with kids and family and everything going on, yet it seems like she’s always scheming about our next moves. I guess I appreciate it and all, but she probably needs to get a life outside of reading and writing. Her husband’s pretty cool, she’s lucky there. I bet he’d love to get inside her head a little. At least we get to know what she’s thinking, and sometimes I’m thinking, “No, please, don’t make us do that!” She’s pretty good about listening to us and to our ideas, and of course we throw her a curveball every now and then. So, far we’ve gotten along just fine.
3.      What are your feelings about this story?
I love being part of this story. Saving lives is the best feeling ever. Watching someone save a life because of something I knew is the best warm fuzzy I could ever get. I just wish I knew guy I ended up with.
4.      How do you feel about being a character in this book?
It’s cool. At first, it was really freaky, but the author talked me down from the literal ledge, and I decided I could handle it. Now, I’m loving it. Eager and ready for whatever is next!
5.      What do you see in your future? (No spoilers please!)
Well, that’s the funny thing. We are considered psychic, but we don’t actually see the future. I wish we did, because between you and me, I love Jeff, I really do, but sometimes I can’t wrap my head around Witt’s deal, and why I keep feeling like I need to be a part of it. And it’s driving me nuts. So in terms of my romantic future, I’m lost on that one, but don’t tell Jeff I said that! As far as work goes, I think I’m both feet in with the agency. It seems like the right thing to do with my life.
6.      Is there another Fade To Silver in the future? Will you be part of it?
Coded in Stone is next up in the series. I’m pretty sure Dannika gets herself into some trouble again, and pretty sure I’m going to have to help get her out of it, as usual. But, I don’t mind, that seems to be the way things work around here, and especially with her, and for some reason, that always seems to work out for the case we’re on. So, I figure all of her antics are just kind of meant to be. And Coded in Stone will be no exception.
7.      Say a movie producer comes knocking. What actor/actress would you want to play you and why?
That’s a toughie. But I’d have to say that maybe a new up and coming actress that has many of the qualities of Ellen Page. I just love her wit and sense of humor, and then of course there’s Inception, where she basically rocked it. And I think she could really kick some butt if she had to. It would be cool to seek out an actress like her that’s breaking out.
 
 

 
 

 
 


Comments