Blind Dating by: Kerry Taylor


 
 

Good morning, everyone! I sure do hope you're having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Before you fire up that grill, and start charring burgers, hot dogs, bratwursts let's take a moment to check out Blind Dating by Kerry Taylor.



First we'll get to know a little bit more about Kerry Taylor:




A single mom of three living in Madrid, Kerry Taylor has been through many tugs-of-war in her life – from being stalked and abused to separated from her estranged husband – all while expressing her life through writing in different forms.

She has released a series of autobiographies in the form of short stories and poetry: Stones of My Heart, Life’s Pebbles, Emotional Rollercoaster of a Single Mom, and Gravels of Moments.

 
 
 
 
 

Of course, we all know location is all important in romance writing. Here's Kerry's ideas on that:

Location, Location, Location

Why is this important in a romance novel?

Every reader feels the need to visualise where the novel is based, therefore, I feel it is just as important as building the features and emotions of the characters.  In order to state the emotions that the characters are feeling it has to contain the scene.  They need to feel that they are the character and setting the scene is the only way that you can allow the reader to do this and it is one of the hardest things to do in my opinion but every writer is different.

And now my take on Blind Dating:



Kimberly feels trapped by everything in her life. A no-good ex-husband who never lifted a finger to seriously help her, even before their marriage. Twin daughters and a son who are good, but who also lean more on Kimberly's younger sister for the important things. The "oh, I should have married them" former boyfriends. All this leads her to try a dating site, and that's when the fun begins.

As I read this book, I noticed one thing. It's more slice of life than light romantic comedy, and I could relate to it. Granted I only had two children to raise by myself, and there was no internet connections at the time I divorced my first husband – therefore no easy way to meet men, but our lives parallel in one way – the feeling you never have time for anything but kids, getting to and from school, sports, events, visitation, and the rest of your life revolves around work, errands, and housecleaning.

That being said, the book was a good read. It moved fast, which is good for anything light. But there was a lack of good plotting. The subject jumped around, and at times, I felt as if I were reading a treatise on womanly complaints. All in all, the story is good because so many women can relate to it.

Note: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.
 
Pick up your copy here:
 
 

 
 


Comments

Anything about blind dating sounds interesting to me. Just think of all the ramifications. Sounds like a good read.