Children's Blog Hop - What Am I Up To?


What are you working on right now?

 

A trilogy, Paradox Lost. This is a story about triplets destined to change the world of Travelers, people who move throughout history to ensure things are as they should be. The prediction of an ancestor sets three teens on differing paths, and questioning the way they're acting toward each other.

 



 

The guys, Matt and DJ, treat their little sister as if she doesn't belong. Elisa rebels against their constant harassment. They're smart, talented, and ready to take on the world, or so they think … until they're faced with the ultimate paradox, and then the two who survive an attack have to learn to deal with what the fates have spun out for them … or risk losing even more.

 

How does it differ from other works in its genre?

 

This is a quest type story, similar to The Wheel of Time, but also far different. It's not a reboot of the tale of King Author, but rather a futuristic time travel adventure with elements of magical skills. Twins have often been used in these stories, a yin/yang type of thing, but I'm going with triplets, two brothers and a sister. One was born long before he/she should have been, and the others realizes this deep down, but can't explain how they know.

 

 

All they do know is also something they can't explain … the gateways that have always transported Travelers are sick, possibly dangerous. None of the three can let this stop them as they each go about their duty to protect history.

 

Why do you write what you do?

 

Most of my young adult stories involve a coming of age theme, where teens have to overcome difficulties and mature from them. The lessons aren't always out in the open, but then did any teenager feel as if the worst of what they have to learn is out for all to see?

 

 

Like DJ, Matt, and Elisa, most teens feel as if no one understands what they're experiencing, and they'll keep a lot to themselves, when they should be sharing with those they trust.

 

What is the hardest part about writing?

 

Getting started. For some reason, I have the hardest time getting past the first chapter until it's perfect.

 




 

Oh, I'll continue on, often getting close to the end, before I go back and rewrite the first chapter to fit in with the rest of the book, to add that throat grabbing hook the reader feels to continue on with the story.

 

What is something unique you want readers to learn about you?

 

I was a teen, and not in the dark ages. My coming of age issues often had me by the throat, and I had no clue how to solve them. That's not unique, but how I handled those issues once I became an adult is far different from what most women my age did.

 



 

I joined the military and spent eleven years traveling the world, seeing sights my friends talked about, and learning about many different cultures. Even now, as an adult, I dream of one day returning to those places, of finding new wonders to admire, and reliving some of my experiences.

 

Want to know more about me or my books: Here are the links where you can find all of this:

 













 

Books by K.C. Sprayberry

 









 

Thanks for coming on over today. See you soon!

Comments

Very interesting, Kathi. When you told me before you had been in the military, I always thought it was your dad. I had no idea it was you. No wonder you're so spunky and strong.
KC Sprayberry said…
Paternal grandfather, an uncle on both sides of my family, Dad, two brothers, husband, and one son have also been in the military. I was at 3 bases over 11 years. Great experience. All women should do it.