Everybody Reads YA ~ Finding Mia






Happy “Everybody Reads YA” Sunday! Today I’m sharing an excerpt from my paranormal short story: Finding Mia. Summer camp takes on a whole new meaning for Mia and Jax.





Summer is the worst experience of all of my sixteen years. What can I say about the time, except that I’m not in school, my parents don’t bother hiding their hatred for each other, and I have to go to camp. In fact, that’s where I’m headed now. Good old Camp WatcheeWatchee—or as my friends and I refer to it, Camp Do Nothing, Know Nothing, Experience Boredom.

“Slow down, Charles.” Even an order sounds like a whine coming out Mom’s mouth.

She’s been like that for months now, always whining, always complaining, always demanding a better vacation spot, one where she doesn’t have to put up with surly teens.

About the Author

Born and raised in Southern California’s Los Angeles basin, K.C. Sprayberry spent years traveling the United States and Europe while in the Air Force before settling in northwest Georgia. A new empty nester with her husband of more than twenty years, she spends her days figuring out new ways to torment her characters and coming up with innovative tales from the South and beyond.

She’s a multi-genre author who comes up with ideas from the strangest sources. Some of her short stories have appeared in anthologies, others in magazines.






Sixteen-year-old Mia remembers hearing a loud noise just before she reached her summer camp. It is her last living memory.



A year later, she haunts the place, vowing not to be lost forever. Her boyfriend, Jax, promises to find her, regardless of the bewildering obstacles put in his way. He just doesn’t know why no one wants her found. No one… except him.



Comments