Abuse



Abuse has many forms, and just as many survivors or abusers involved. Too many times, authors will ignore this subject, to avoid controversy. One must remember something, controversy is the least of the problems an abused person suffers. Often times, their abuser turns the tables on them, making them the wrong doer in the situation. Not so faintly veiled threats keeps an abused person silent, until they reach a breaking point.

Recognizing abuse and not mistaking an isolated incident is important. Standing up against an abuser instead of their target is the action you should take. Remaining strong despite opposition is hard, but it can be done if you have a good heart.






Mothers, fathers, children. Aunts, uncles, cousins. Grandparents on both sides of a family. Friends.

It doesn’t matter what your relationship is, to see someone you care about going through any kind of abuse breaks your heart, but you know you can’t do anything until that person is ready to break the cycle.

Physical, emotional, psychological, or verbal, abuse puts many people into the position of questioning who exactly is at fault. The answer to some may be simple—the abuser is the one guilty of creating the problem. But it’s not that simple. Those attempting to hide this horrific problem often blame themselves for not doing the right thing, whatever that may be.





I sit in the crowded waiting room, watching people rushing around behind a set of hydraulic doors. Hunching my shoulders, I stare at them, wishing for the doctor to come through and tell me everything will be all right. It has to have been my imagination that her leg looked funny after she fell downstairs.

Please, someone, come out and tell me that Mom will be taking us home.

Pulling my up legs, I half turn and stare. The windowpanes are frosting. It might snow. I hope it doesn’t. Snow means no school. I want to be in school. Turning back, I watch in terror as the doctor slowly approaches. He’s looking past me. I turn and see flashing blue lights. He’s called the police. I can’t talk to the police.

Where’s Mom?



Comments