Everybody Reads YA ~ Canoples Investigations Tackles Space Pirates






Happy “Everybody Reads YA” Sunday! Today I’m sharing an excerpt from my YA sci-fi adventure novel: Canoples Investigations Tackles Space Pirates. The adventure begins.





My life changes on an impossibly ordinary day. No warnings come my way; nothing indicates everything I believe in is about to change – for the worst. As I think back on it after all the space dust settles, I wish someone had given me a warning I was about to embark on the biggest adventure of my life. But I will never change a second of that very exciting day.

Nothing marks this Thursday as extraordinary. Canoples Station orbits Jupiter, and my eyes pop open like they do every other day. The illumination in my quarters changes from artificial moonlight to artificial sunlight at the same time it does every other day. My mom and older brother get ready for work like they always do. Even I get into the act by zapping breakfast while they take their sonic showers. When I, BD Bradford, take over a kitchen, watch out galaxy. Great teen food is about to erupt.

About the Author

Born and raised in Southern California’s Los Angeles basin, K.C. Sprayberry spent years traveling the United States and Europe while in the Air Force before settling in northwest Georgia. A new empty nester with her husband of more than twenty years, she spends her days figuring out new ways to torment her characters and coming up with innovative tales from the South and beyond.

She’s a multi-genre author who comes up with ideas from the strangest sources. Some of her short stories have appeared in anthologies, others in magazines.
 




BD Bradford resides on Canoples Station in 2364. He's on his last break before graduating high school. The biggest worry on his mind is scoring enough creds to buy the latest vid-game, and making up with his girlfriend, if she'll stop glaring at him. An announcement at breakfast hatches an idea in his ever-active brain – space pirates might be in the vicinity. Visions of creds tumbling around him after he captures the miscreants war with thoughts of what he did to torque off his girlfriend. He catches a glimpse of the villains outside the promenade's viewport, but he beats feet to safety upon hearing one of his sworn enemies having a drama moment.



Comments