New Release ~ Canoples Investigations Exposes Space Dodger









Welcome to the Canoples Investigations Exposes Space Dodger release tour. This is the third novel and fourth story in this series. Strap on your restraints and be ready for an exciting ride… oh, once you have the book in hand, you will discover there’s a special added attraction—the first chapter of Secret Society: A Canoples Investigations Novella!





Blurb

There’s a carnival on the station, with all kinds of “legally” cloned animals, more than a few zero-G acrobats, and miniature clowns. BD’s ever present suspicious mind latches onto one thing when the advance team for Galactic Carnival arrives to begin preparations for a weeklong visit. The ringmaster looks familiar, but the man swears that he has never been to Canoples Station before. Even worse, children five and under are disappearing. A bit of investigating on BD’s part clues him in to the fact this has happened on every station Galactic Carnival has visited so far. He’s determined to uncover the true identity of the ringmaster and solve the mystery of the missing children, but at what cost. Is BD willing to lose his lifelong friends to solve this case? Will they prove Jenna Rock, Wade’s girlfriend, isn’t involved?



 



About K.C. Sprayberry

Born and raised in Southern California’s Los Angeles basin, K.C. Sprayberry spent years traveling the United States and Europe while in the Air Force before settling in northwest Georgia. A new empty nester with her husband of more than twenty years, she spends her days figuring out new ways to torment her characters and coming up with innovative tales from the South and beyond.

She’s a multi-genre author who comes up with ideas from the strangest sources. Those who know her best will tell you that nothing is safe or sacred when she is observing real life. In fact, she considers any situation she witnesses as fair game when plotting a new story.








Excerpt

My voice is harsh, uninviting. Most guys are backing away at this point, but not this jerk. He comes even closer and releases a breath into my face. Not shoving him through the nearest wall is the hardest thing I’ve done since I taught BD that lesson about laughing at me.

Totally gross. Doesn’t this guy believe in personal hygiene?

“A pretty girl like you will be just the thing I need to attract more audiences,” he says. “Have you ever thought of being an acrobat?”

Chief Pelham nods at me. I’m not sure what he means but I think I’m supposed to let this creep think I’m interested.

“Really?” I say. “How much does an acrobat earn with your circus?”

Being polite to this jerk hurts. I really want to tell him to take a hike outside the station, without gear. A grim smile rises as I imagine that happening.

“Space Dodger.” Governor Tulane joins us. “How about you and I speak quietly? I’m sure you don’t want this girl as part of your circus.”

“Au contraire, Governor.” Space Dodger moves away from me, for which I’m very grateful. “The young lady will be a welcome addition to the Space Dodger Space Circus. Men will love the costume I have in mind for her.”



Interview with the Author

If you weren't writing, what would you be doing?

Going crazy. LOL! Honestly, I’ve lived with these stories in my head for so many hears, I don’t know what I’d do if I couldn’t write. Perhaps read more, take up cross stitch and embroidery again, spend more time with my grandbabies. Traveling comes to mind. There are still states in this country I haven’t visited. There are a lot of things I could do, but writing fills a part of my soul and gives me contentment.

Are there any words of encouragement for unpublished writers?

Never give up. There is a publisher out there for your work. While you’re waiting, learn how to improve your writing. Join a critique group, enlist the assistance of beta readers, work out the problem areas in your books. You will get there. It just takes time.

Who are some of your other favorite authors to read?

Robert Heinlein and Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series are my top favorites. Isaac Asimov and Anne McCaffrey are two other favorites. Ann Rule’s real crime books are also at the top of my list. I have varied tastes in reading and a very large personal library, both print and electronic.
 







Interview with Cassie Wills

Who are your friends and family?

Mom and Dad, but they haven’t come up in the books much. Carl and I used to help Dad with his tours of the area around Jupiter when we were younger but these days, we’re so busy with Canoples Investigations. Mom is an administrator with the station’s upper management. She’s always really busy. My closest friends are BD and Terry. We’ve been a team for so long that I don’t think we’ll ever be apart.

What are your life goals?

To be the best investigator that I can be. To provide assistance for the new stations being built, to relieve overcrowding, and to enjoy life. I see those as being the goals that are the most important. The rest will happen, like it always does.

Who are you closest to?

BD, there’s no one closer in my life. I miss him when he’s not around and I know he misses me. We started out as good buds but we’re so much more now. He still hasn’t said the words and I don’t know if he ever can, because of how rotten his dad turned out to be, but I know he loves me.

Social Media Links



Blog 











Comments