Go Away







The 2017 Everybody YA #SundayBookBlog continues with more fun, excitement, and tension!






We all have siblings who drive us insane. Isn’t that part of growing up? And we’ve all told them to go away forever. What if that really happened?









Lainie’s older stepbrother, Mark, is the bane of her existence. He always embarrasses her. She swears she hates him… until a terrible day when she realizes just the opposite is true.





Glancing in all directions, I sneak toward where I live. He can’t see me. I can’t let him know that I’m home. Not until I’m safely inside.

“Hey, Lainie! Do your friends know that you dance in front of the bathroom mirror every night? Maybe I should sell tickets.”

Face burning, I duck my head, running up the stairs and the last few feet to our apartment. How can my jerk of a brother do this? Turning, I stand in front of the door and scream out my frustration.

“Mark, I don’t want you to live here anymore. You should stay at your dad’s this year. Like in never come back!”

Shutting the door with a loud bang, I head for my room. A slam and a bang tells me that Mark didn’t waste any time coming after me. He’s so lame. How can I ever live down this shame? Thank goodness, he’s leaving in a few days. Who would ever believe he’s my older brother? He acts more like he’s two.






Comments

M.A. Cortez said…
Siblings, can't live with them, can't live without them.