Bullying





Bullying comes in all shapes and forms. In a connected twenty-four hours a day world, teens often find themselves targets of bullies on social media in addition to the traditional methods of bullying. How do teens deal with bullies? The methods vary and some teens never learn how to handle those who will put them down verbally and physically. The attacks can be emotionally painful. The scars can last forever.









Alex Starkey is a normal teenager with unfortunate initials. Initials which have been his nemesis his entire life. Initials matter when all the kids call each other by them instead using their names.

If that isn’t awkward enough, there’s Payne, who’s made a career out of bullying kids he thinks deserve it. Alex’s inits make him a target. Alex can deal with that on his own, until Payne crosses the line and tries to force him into doing things with long-range consequences. That’s when Alex stands up and faces him down.









The first Wednesday in August arrives not with the promise of a day spent in the Recreation Center's pool. No lazy afternoon will float past while I play baseball or football with my buds. Band camp ended a couple of weeks ago, so sleeping until noon is no longer a luxury I indulge in.

Although I know what day it is, I revel in a dream – where I'm Mr. America. I flex my muscles, strut around a stage, and blow away the competition. This is my victory, my way of showing everyone that I'm the best.

All the problems in my life fly away. No one gives me any kind of trouble about my inits, they don't dare.

Nobody messes with Mr. America.





About the K.C. Sprayberry

Born and raised in Southern California’s Los Angeles basin, K.C. Sprayberry spent years traveling the United States and Europe while in the Air Force before settling in northwest Georgia. A new empty nester with her husband of more than twenty years, she spends her days figuring out new ways to torment her characters and coming up with innovative tales from the South and beyond.



She’s a multi-genre author who comes up with ideas from the strangest sources. Those who know her best will tell you that nothing is safe or sacred when she is observing real life. In fact, she considers any situation she witnesses as fair game when plotting a new story.

Social Media Links:













Comments